Unclean snacks are the main factor causing diarrhea disease. In Indonesia, diarrheal disease is a common digestive disorder for the community.
Many of those who think diarrhea is a trivial disease, but not many know that diarrhea often causes sufferers to lose their lives because of late medical treatment.
Severe diarrhea disease causes many Indonesian lives. This disease is caused by digestive disorders due to bacterial virus infection. The most common diarrhea-causing bacteria include rotavirus, Shigella,
Diarrhea is characterized by abdominal pain or cramps, loss of appetite, continuous thirst, soft or runny bowel movements, and a desire to go back and forth to the toilet.
Transmission of Diarrhea
Transmission of diarrheal diseases
- Contaminated food and drink, whether contaminated by insects or contamination by dirty hands or tools on the table.
- Play with contaminated toys, especially in infants often enter hands, toys, or others into the mouth. Cryptosporidium
- Use of contaminated water sources and not cooking water properly.
- Washing and disposing of unsanitary bottles.
- Do not wash hands thoroughly after defecation or clean the stools of infected children, thus contaminating furniture and tools held.
The symptoms and effects of diarrhea
Ministry of Health of Indonesia Republic (2000), classified diarrhea into four groups, namely:
- Acute diarrhea: diarrhea lasting less than fourteen days (generally less than seven days),
- dysentery; namely diarrhea accompanied by blood in his stool,
- persistent diarrhea; ie diarrhea lasting more than fourteen days continuously,
- Diarrhea with other problems; children with diarrhea (acute and persistent diarrhea) may also be accompanied by other diseases such as fever, malnutrition or other illnesses.
Acute diarrhea may result in:
- lose a lot of water and electrolytes and acid-base disorders that cause dehydration, metabolic acidosis, and hypokalemia,
- Impaired blood circulation, maybe a hypovolemic shock as a result of diarrhea with or without vomiting,
- Nutrition disorders that occur due to excessive fluid release due to diarrhea and vomiting.
Symptoms of Diarrhea
- baby or child becomes whiny and restless. Her body temperature rises
- baby stools are dilute, slimy, or bleeding
- the color of greenish feces due to mixed with bile
- their anus blisters
- nutritional disorders due to lack of intake (food intake)
- maybe vomiting before or after diarrhea
- hypoglycemia (decreased blood sugar)
- Risk of dehydration (lack of fluids)
Thanks for reading