Really needs more attention for the principle to cure and treatment of diarrhea sufferers. Cure and treatment must be done patiently.
* Give additional liquid (as much as the child wants)
* In infants, breastfeeding is the main step of giving additional fluid. Give ASI more often and longer / more.
* Give additional ORS, liquid food (vegetable soup, starch) or boiled water.
* If the child vomits when given a liquid intake, stop 10 minutes then repeat again with a slower frequency.
* Continue feeding
The drugs that are given to treat diarrhea can be:
Prior to being given the right medication, the first aid of diarrhea treatment is to overcome excessive fluid or electrolyte (dehydration) removal, especially in infants and elderly patients, as dehydration can lead to death. Symptoms of dehydration:
- Dry mouth and lips
- Skin becomes wrinkled (loss of turgor)
- Reduced urine
- Weight loss and
first aid is given oralit is a mixture of:
- 3.5 gram NaCl
- KCl 1.5 gram
- NaHCO3 2.5 grams
- Glucose 20 grams
Or by giving an intra venous infusion solution such as:
- 9% NaCl solution (normal saline)
- Na solution. compound lactate (ringer lactate)
Afterward, other medications may be selected based on the type of cause of diarrhea through careful examination.
For causal therapy that destroys disease-causing bacteria sulfonamide antibiotic drug class
For symptomatic therapy with the aim to stop diarrhea, namely by:
- Suppressing bowel
- Shrink the intestinal membrane or adstringent (tannin)
- Giving adsorbents to absorb toxins produced by bacteria or other diarrhea-causing toxins (
- Provision of mucilage to protect the lining of the injured bowel
Substances that can relax the convulsions of abdominal muscles (abdominal pain) in diarrhea (atropine sulfate)
4) Probiotics to increase endurance
Lactobacillus and bifidobacteria (called Lactid Acid Bacteria / LAB) are probiotics that can produce natural antibiotics that can prevent/inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria. LAB can produce lactic acid which causes intestinal pH into acid,
Thanks for reading.