Springs conservation is needed for human survival. Because humans really need clean water to stay alive and healthy. Springs conservation must be done immediately and cannot be delayed anymore. not only humans who need water, but all living things that exist today and in the future all need it. Water is a substance or matter or element that is important to all life forms that are known to date on earth.
The Facts to remember
- The human body consists of 55% to 78% water, depending on the size of the body.
- In order to function properly, the human body needs between one and seven liters of water daily to avoid dehydration (the exact amount depends on the level of activity, temperature, humidity, and several other factors).
- Most people believe that humans need 8-10 glasses (about two liters) per day.
- But the results of research published in the University of Pennsylvania in 2008 showed that the consumption of a number of 8 glasses is not proven to help a lot in nourishing the body.
- In fact sometimes for some people, if drinking more water or excessive than recommended can cause dependence.
- Other medical literature recommends consumption of one liter of water per day, in addition to exercise or in hot weather.
No Water No Lives
- Humans are estimated to survive without consuming water or holding thirst for about three to five days.
- While without eating, while still consuming water, humans are still able to survive up to eight weeks.
- However, by drinking water from a good source of water and good physical condition, a person will be able to survive more than eight weeks.
- From the existing freshwater volume, it is not all freshwater well consumed by humans and living things. This is due to the occurrence of pollution.
- Formerly, prior to the occurrence of pollution, groundwater as it is in rivers, lakes, is worth consuming.
- Natural groundwater is still able to neutralize from a variety of cargo that is harmful when consumed, such as toxins and impurities, so it is still worth consuming.
- Right now, the water that is still feasible to consume live groundwater. And that is not all groundwater, because it has happened pollution and began to contaminate groundwater with sea water seeping deep into the soil.
- The hydrogeologists argue that the most feasible and the best source of springs to be consumed is the source of water coming from volcanic mountain springs.
Agnis Purwitasari, Mardiana dan Oktia Woro. 2006. Studi Kelayakan Sumber Mata Air Kali Bajak Sebagai Pemenuhan Kebutuhan Air Bersih Warga Di Wilayah Kelurahan Karanganyar Gunung Kecamatan Candisari Semarang Tahun 2006. Skripsi. Jurusan Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat, Fakultas Ilmu Keolahragaan, Universitas Negeri Semarang.
Direktorat Jendral Pelayanan Medik Direktorat Laboratorium Kesehatan. 2002. Pedoman Pemeriksaan Fisika Air Minum/ Air Bersih. Jakarata : DepKes RI
Direktorat Jendral Pelayanan Medik Direktorat Laboratorium Kesehatan. 2002. Pedoman Pemeriksaan Kimia Air Minum/ Air Bersih. Jakarata : DepKes RI
Gatot Irianto. 2004. Hilangnya Sumber Mata Air dan Dampaknya terhadap Desertification. Penulis dari Puslitbangtanak, Bogor, Tabloid Sinar Tani, 30 Juni 2004.